Re: [ITA] cygutils

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Packaging looks good.  Just one nit:  While this is as Chuck did it way
back when, I think the files under /usr/share/doc should go into the
base cygutils package, rather than the cygutils-extra package, i.e.

 usr/share/doc/cygutils/AUTHORS
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/ChangeLog
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/COPYING
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/HOW-TO-CONTRIBUTE
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/COPYING.BSD-no-advert
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/COPYING.GPLv2
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/COPYING.GPLv3
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/NEWS
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/PROGLIST
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/README
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/TODO

should be in the cygutils package, while

 usr/share/doc/cygutils/cygicons/
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/cygicons/README
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/lpr/
 usr/share/doc/cygutils/lpr/README

should stay in cygutils-extra.

That's a minor point and at your discretion, otherwise GTG.

I agree and have adjusted the packaging as you suggested.

Something I don't understand yet is why, when using this cygutils.cygport,
some cygport commands download the source from sourceware via git, while
other commands seem to want the .tar.bz2 file.  The cygutils.cygport is
possibly not completely right yet.

You have both, a SRC_URI and a GIT_URI.  This might confuse cygport.
Drop the SRC_URI and only keep GIT_URI.

Even with that change 'cygport all' wants the .tar.bz2 file to be present.
Maybe my mistake is assuming "all" means pull the source too? If I do 'cygport fetch all' it works like a charm using the Git tree, so I'll just keep doing that.

..mark