Re: upset, genini: different version ordering

On 20/10/2015 14:33, Jon Turney wrote:
On 20/10/2015 11:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
What about epoch handling as Yaakov
suggested, does that help?  Jon, as our local upset guru, how tricky
would it be to add epoches to upset?

Or, in other words, how complicated would it be to have the same
RPM version handling in setup and upset both?

I've done the first step, which is to change upset to use the same
ordering as setup (which uses an RPM-like ordering)

Patch not attached due to upset license uncertainties, but you can find
it at
/sourceware1/cygwin-staging/setup/0001-upset-Change-version-sorting.patch on
sourceware.

[2] is the list of packages whose ordering would change if this was
used.  On further study, it appears that upset is ordering all of these
but tcl-itcl in the opposite order to the chronological (and presumably
intended) order.

I've applied this patch to upset on sourceware.

As a consequence, the curr version for the following packages has changed (to what seems to be the intended, most recent version):

x86:

makeself 2.1.5+20120813+gitdcbe778-1
tidy     20090325-1
wput     0.6.2+git20130413-2

x86_64:

bzr      2.6.0+bzr6602-1 (enforced via setup.hint)
cgdb     0.6.7+20150214+git3a710f9-1

(additionally I added a setup.hint for x86 tcl-itcl to keep 3.4.1-1 as the current version)

[2] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-10/msg00003.html