Re: [ITP] The Silver Searcher / Ag

On 2016-02-24 04:26, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
For this package, it doesn't look as simple as _just_ changing
bashcompdir, though, as the script is called "ag.bashcomp.sh".  That
works just fine putting the file in compatdir, but doesn't load if it's
in completionsdir, because that expects the script to just be called
"ag".  I can see a few different solutions, and I'd appreciate a second
opinion:
[snip]
4. Just install to /etc/bash_completion.d (although probably using
    "pkg-config --variable=compatdir bash-completion), which appears to
    be what the upstream package currently intends.

Anyone have any thoughts/advances on those options?

Given the issues you stated, that will be fine.

--
Yaakov