This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] libsass v3.3.6
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 20:55:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] libsass v3.3.6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABKfh3zJMhb3z=zoibB=0eb1q32NKOTJ4t_gj7FCi0rX8w98Sg at mail dot gmail dot com> <8005b674-1e74-a909-50ca-2a0b4fb0e570 at gmail dot com> <CABKfh3y80xOvhVSGguLB+Ygt2y3DahmfUbtJcSWHdqHGY76ioA at mail dot gmail dot com> <878tyiz1o6 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CABKfh3zMEN_O3fvaqtxRZjWCw8eLspS2W3X9XrJqYrMaA3Ndrw at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160607T114139-971 at post dot gmane dot org> <da716e53-9f03-4bb5-10bf-d72a38885683 at gmail dot com> <CABKfh3z2CCqoJrb2zXKWhfzJ4Nfk=mWWx_WL-C=JJxsjeWqipQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87wpm0mdvx dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CABKfh3zeuxvqUGZf3wLC2aAWFhazzNkokzJxSRgDenE1+qVrVg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Marcos Vives Del Sol writes:
> 2016-06-08 7:46 GMT+02:00 Achim Gratz:
>> They didn't forget anything, you are just not using a release tarball.
>> In that case you are expected to either build from a proper Git checkout
>> or run the release preparations yourself before configure.
> I am compiling a release tarball, as I've already said:
> https://github.com/sass/libsass/archive/3.3.6.tar.gz. That's the
> official tarball.
I've looked at their Makefile and documentation and it appears that
upstream don't do any preparation of any sorts for a release. The
"release tarballs" are just snapshots for the release tag that don't
contain the extra file(s) that would actually be required based on the
rules in configure and the Makefile.
> Anything else to fix before it's GTG?
You might want to consider building from a Git checkout instead of the
tarball. It seems that this is the recommended way to build and the
other build venues are obviously more or less untested these days.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ: