Re: per-version hints proposal

On 21/06/2016 16:28, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 21 15:49, Marco Atzeri wrote:

On 21/06/2016 14:03, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 20 16:28, Jon Turney wrote:

Ideally we wouldn't need something like "prev" at all since the version
number itself is sufficient to specify what's curr and what's old.

As for test, IMHO it would make sense to specify "this is a test
release" right in the cygport file.  This in turn could create a
per-version hint with a test marker which is evaluated by calm
accordingly.  For instance, the name of the file could take over this
role.  Or even better, the package version number itself.

This would have an additional benefit:  We couldn't just move a package
from test to curr, it would have to be explicitely rebuilt as non-test
release.

not a huge fan of this.
The last time we made the perl transition we put a lot of package in
test as temporary solution. Rebuild all just to change a label
seems a waste of time.

Not a huge fan of what part?  I think in general it makes sense to
keep the "test" info in the ${version}.hint file.  If a simple
change to this file moves ${version} to non-test, ok with me.

changing ${version}.hint is fine also for me.

Rebuilding packages not ;-)