Re: [ITP] FUSE 2.8

On 7/22/16, 12:57 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>On 22/07/2016 19:58, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote:
>>> winfsp-fuse is a reasonable name.
>>> dokan-fuse also (IMHO)
>>
>> In the interest of moving things forward, I am happy to rename the
>> package. Is it possible for a package with a name winfsp-fuse to
>>satisfy a
>> “fuse” dependency?
>
>It is not clear to me what you mean.
>
>If some package depends on winfsp-fuse, the dependency will be
>winfsp-fuse.
>
>winfsp-fuse will require the external package winfsp.

My apologies for not making it clearer. What I meant to say is this:

Suppose I have a package XYZ that requires FUSE. Is it possible that the
“FUSE” dependency can be satisfied by either winfsp-fuse or dokan-fuse?

If that is not possible it looks like we would have to have winfsp-sshfs
or dokan-sshfs, etc. which IMO is less desirable.

Bill