Re: Fwd: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Marco Atzeri

On 30/07/2016 14:15, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 30/07/2016 13:47, Jon Turney wrote:
But that's not usually appropriate for an old soversion of a shared
library (even though it has no users left in the distro, there may be
3rd party packages or local builds which depend on the old soversion),
so it should be kept.

tried also that.

Leaving 6.9.0.0-4 libs as they are but calm also complains
that the package "libMagickCore6" and "libMagickC++6_5" are incomplete.
So I can not update ImageMagick at all.

Hmm... I don't see an attempt to do that. Perhaps things were confused by some of the remove tokens remaining?

All the files are in the stage area now, I just avoided to put
the "!ready" tag.

Ok. I adjusted things to keep the old soversion and set !ready and this seems to have moved the right things to the right places.

Note that there does seem to be a difference between these libraries, and between x86 and x86_64:

x86
libMagicCore6   6.9.1.3-3  empty, obsoleted by libMagickCore6_2
libMagicC++6_5  6.9.0.0-4

x86_64
libMagicCore6   6.9.0.0-4  empty, obsoleted by libMagickCore6_2
libMagicC++6_5  6.9.0.0-4

I'd appreciate your help in understanding if either of those cases
applies to these packages, or if something else is needed here...

currently nothing on cygwin depends on

libMagickC++6_5
libMagickCore6

They were obsoleted ~ 1 year ago
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00003.html

I guess we need a better way to deal with these things.