Re: MP3 support in Cygwin

On 2016-11-13 14:07, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
Please note that *only* MP3 *decoding* support is being allowed at this
time.  So no LAME (or twoLAME), nor MPEG *video* decoding (smpeg or
libmpeg2), etc., until further notice.

MP3 encoding support is now allowed as well, and so I have added lame (and mingw*-lame) to the distribution, and rebuilt my packages which can use it. Other MPEG technologies still must wait until further notice.

While we cannot comment on any specific patents, if you have any
questions as to whether a particular package may be permitted, please
feel free to ask here.

--
Yaakov