Re: setup 2.885 release candidate - please test

On 30/01/2018 20:18, Jon Turney wrote:
On 29/01/2018 19:19, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
[...]>>> - The "prereq" page showing dependencies which will be added is
replaced by "problems" page showing problems found by the dependency
solver, with default solutions.
- A "confirm" page is added showing all the changes which will be made.

I've not actually commenced the installation yet due to other things I
want to fix first, so I can't say whether these two pages work.  I guess
I should not see them with my normal install script.  The interesting
part would be if they are skipped when non-interactive mode is given and
there was something to add due to dependencies?

These should be added (and default solutions applied where the solver identified problems) in non-interactive mode.

It seems I missed the part to add default problem solutions in non-interactive mode.

- Add support for 'depends2: package (relation version) [...]', in a
version section in setup.ini

Those lines don't seem to get generated for all packages yet.  I
currently merge with requires: to produce a working setup.ini re-write
and will switch to using requires: when I find no depends2:.  Can I
assume that all versions have a depends2: line when I find one for
[curr]?

Yes, with the proviso that empty depends2: lines are currently suppressed (this might be a mistake)

Yeah, suppressing these is definitely a mistake, as we need to indicate (in a small number of cases) a package version which has no depends: when other versions do have them.

Unfortunately, fixing that reveals that the setup parser doesn't currently permit an empty requires: or depends: list (which I guess explains why they have been suppressed historically)