Re: setup 2.886 release candidate - please test

On 02/02/2018 19:38, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
Do you have an idea yet why the last package gets orphaned (or did, if

'Yet'?  This is the first time I've heard of this!

Right you are.  I thought I had mentioned it already, but forgot since I
can't post from work.

Is this regression?

Yes.

it's already fixed)?  I will need to remove my workaround of placing an
empty dummy at the end to try.

I guess you are saying that the last package listed in setup.ini
appears as orphaned, when you have a re-written setup.ini which only
contains one version per package?

I've tested that again today.  The last package gets orphaned if there
is only a current section.  I believe that the last section is also not
processed, so in the standard Cygwin installation you'd not be able to
see the previous version of _update-info-dir.

Which I can easily believe happens, due to the rather weird way that
the data from a parser reduction is transferred into the package
database.

Can you test the attached patch, please?