This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: winsup-990126: Strange problem with cvs 1.10
- To: Christopher Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DJ Delorie <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: winsup-990126: Strange problem with cvs 1.10
- From: Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:45:13 +0100
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- References: <36B25554.DE26DD67@cityweb.de> <199901300153.UAA31129@envy.delorie.com> <36B2F8B9.FD53B4A8@cityweb.de> <19990202221808.A2421@cygnus.com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 01:19:05PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >DJ Delorie wrote:
> >> > cvs is suddenly convinced, that the file foo was changed
> >> > in _every_ line, which is not the case. This happens with
> >> > every file, it's 100% reproducable.
> >> This sounds like it might be a CR/LF problem. Could you pipe the
> >> output through "cat -vetu" and see if it notices ^M changes?
> >Yes, you can see ^M in the versionfile foo,v while output. This
> >isn't the truth for the file foo,v on disk, but cvs copies the
> >contents into a temporary file, which has dos newlines after that.
> >Then it's opened for reading in binary mode!
> >I'm using CYGWIN='binmode ntea tty' and only binary mounts.
> Does the newest snapshot fix this problem, Corinna?
The last snapshot (990202) doesn't work anymore. I can't test the behaviour
Device Directory Type Flags
D: / system binmode
R: /cdrom system binmode
C: /cygdrive/c user,auto textmode
F: /export system binmode
E: /zip system binmode
I can't change directory to /export/src because the system is convinced,
the directory /export is empty. the link /src -> /export/src isn't
BTW: Why should this snapshot fix the cvs behaviour? The code of
fhandler.cc is the same as in the previous snapshot.
As I wrote to DJ, I'm using the old code of fhandler_base constructor
and open call for setting bin/text mode.