Archives ??

Hi all,
    I new to this list and had a couple of questions...

    1) Is there an archive available so that I can get a feel for what
has been discussed in the past?

    2) What is the best way to start contributing.  I haven't a good
feel yet for the structure of the code.  Should I start with the latest
snapshot and go from there?  Is there any documentation on how the
source is structured/arranged.

    3) I saw that there is a pthreads project. Is this integrated with
cygwin?

Well, I suppose that's enough for now.

Thanks,
John Fortin