Re: -lc == -lcygwin in the next release?

At 05:57 PM 5/11/99 -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
>On Tue, 11 May 1999, Chris Faylor wrote:
>
>> Does anyone mind if I get rid of libcygwin.a in the next release
>> and just call it libc.a?  Then when it is copied to /whatever/lib
>> it will work correctly when it is used on a command line.
>>

>I just suggested something similar in a post to cygwin list. The current
>situation causes gratuitous problems that can be solved by simply either
>linking libcygwin.a to libc.a or renaming libcygwin.a to libc.a. Either
>way, please please remove the newlib libc.a.
>
>Regards,
>Mumit

I like the idea of renaming the .a but leaving a symlink to libcygwin.a.
This makes the "inadvertent" use of -lc work as expected but clues in
anyone developing cygwin that libcygwin.a maps to libc.a.  I think that
would help avoid confusion for everyone without adding a stitch of
documentation!:-)

                                        (508) 560-1285 - cell phone