This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 19990705 snapshot
- To: Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: 19990705 snapshot
- From: Egor Duda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:21:26 +0400
- CC: cygwin-developers <email@example.com>
- Organization: DEO
- References: <3787D6AE.18EFE04B@vinschen.de>
- Reply-To: Egor Duda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
July 11 1999 Corinna Vinschen email@example.com wrote:
CV> It was already clear but I got the same result (empty trace output) with
CV> strace -f -o ls.out /usr/bin/ls -l
CV> but now I have a new result:
CV> This happens under tcsh only! With bash, trace is ok!
CV> Why should the shell (the parent process of strace!) should have
CV> any influence in that???
I'd encountered similar problems some time ago. It was because my win32
shell and bash had had different settings for $PATH. And in yet another
occasion it was because of different $PATH values for local account
and remote account i used through sshd. Could it be so in your case?
Egor. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19