This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc-2.95/ July 5 snapshot
- To: Chris Faylor <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: gcc-2.95/ July 5 snapshot
- From: Mumit Khan <firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:46:49 -0500
- cc: Egor Duda <email@example.com>, "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, cygwin-developers <email@example.com>
Chris Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Just to reiterate: Everyone should be building their stuff in a separate
> directory, i.e., don't build winsup in the same directory as the winsup
That and the fact that folks should also download the newest newlib
from the corresponding cygwin-src-1999xxxx.tar.gz file, and not use
the installed newlib.
I've had 4-5 bug reports from users who've had trouble with the compiler
side, and all because they downloaded winsup-* packages, and not the
cygwin-src-* packages. In turn, the build process used the installed
newlib, which is usually from Cygwin-b20.1 days and quite a bit out of
step with what winsup expects.
This is what I do:
- if the latest version comes in cygwin-src-*, get that. Done.
- if the latest version comes only winsup-*, I get the cygwin-src-*
the precedes it, unpack, and replace the winsup with the latest
This sound reasonable?