RE: problem with fork/exec in Cygwin DLL called from non-Cygwin EXE

"Chris Faylor" writes:
>Since fork/exec are not aware of LoadLibrary calls, I am surprised that you
>would see any success anywhere.  dlopen() may work better.

I was using LoadLibrary in an attempt to emulate whatever
Excel is doing.  The real goal is to be able to use
fork/exec/etc from Cygwin-capable DLLs called from Excel.

>It doesn't know about
>your use of LoadLibrary so it doesn't duplicate it.  Then, the code tries
>jump into func() which doesn't exist.

Hmm ...

Do you think adding a cygwin_record_dll() hook would be
too ugly?

Thanks.

Eric Fifer