Re: 'cygwin-net-485' snapshot win32 headers problem

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 01:07:29PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>"John Dallaway" <jld@redhat.com> writes:
>> I'm attempting to build an i686-pc-cygwin-x-arm-elf toolchain using the
>> 'cygwin-net-485' snapshot (including gcc-2.95.2). I get the appended
>> build error. The same sources build fine using the Cygwin 1.0 boxed
>> product (gcc-2.9-cygwin-990830).
>>
>> Is this a known problem?
>
>For the record, this is a problem with the GCC ARM headers which define
>a macro named "Hint" to "int", and that screws up the w32api structure
>member named "Hint", and get a parse error. Not a problem with any
>part of Cygwin nor with x86-win32 parts of GCC.

Thanks very much for looking into this.  Also, for the record, a failure
of gcc in the cygwin net release to perform any kind of cross compilation
should not be considered a show-stopper for the net release.

I don't want to give the cygwin release any more dependencies than it
already has.

That is not to say that we should not try our best to fix problems that
we've discovered, if we can.