Re: Snapshot 20000522

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:43:53PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>> But both of these are not recent problems and one may not even be a
>> problem at all.
>>
>> I can't duplicate the problems with zip but I'm using the CD version, not
>> the CygUtils version.
>
>Hmm...  Actually, may not be related.  Anyway I've a cut version of a strace
>showing the problem attached.  It seems the cached win32 value isn't correct.
>The file of interest is cardfile.c.

From the strace log, the problem is that this:

\home\boyde\prj\ncurses\test\cardfile.c

is being passed to stat().  This is a MS-DOS path spec that is not translated to
a cygwin spec due to Corinna's recent changes (which I asked for).

I don't know where in gdb this path is being munged so strangely but that is
what the problem is.  It actually looks like a gdb bug.