Re: -lc and -lm

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 09:56:45AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 09:09:34AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> >Ah, that would be problematic.  So the solution:
>> >
>> >1) modify ld?
>> >
>> >2) modify the package configuration so that autoreconf will not add -lc or
>> -lm
>> >for the cygwin target?
>> >
>> >3) live with it and deal with it on an individual bases?
>> >
>> >Item 1 is the ideal; but, may be impractical.  Item 2 is doable but would
>> take
>> >years to get all of the package configurations modified.  Item 3 is what we
>> >have now and IMO is not an acceptable solution.
>>
>> I would gladly comment on these solutions if I actually understood what
>> problems they were trying to address.
>>

>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-09/msg00297.html

How about if, in the future, we don't assume that everyone first reads the
cygwin mailing list and then reads cygwin-developers, providing background
and justification for a proposed change in the email to cygwin-developers?

In any event, the correct fix for this problem isn't a stub library.  Either
ld or gcc should be fixed.