Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?

Chris, I'm sorry I said rude things and irritate you.
I would like to rewrite the same things more politely.

I found several bugs in the current snapshot. A few of them are
fatal so defeat my daily use of Cygwin. I will report precisely
or debug them in no distance.

I would like to contribute to this project as far as I can. But
my ability in English and programming is very poor, so it takes
a long time to report or debug a bug. I don't have enough time
to do so currently.

You often release new versions of the Cygwin DLL after waiting
only several days from the last problem report. So the releases
tend to leave noticeable bugs.

As for 1.3.0, please wait more two or three weeks. This release
has been modified largely since the 1.1.8 release. So it is
likely to have other bugs than have been found until now.

You may want to release 1.3.0 soon and collect reports from many
users. But users who report problems of the release versions
tend to say only complaints and bother you.  I believe this
version should be more distilled in developers.

I'm afraid this mail also irritate you.
I, however, don't intend to criticize you and your products.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology