Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:59:05AM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Chris, you need a two month vacation without your laptop.  You ask for
>any known problems, someone reports one and then you become enraged.

Kazuhiro's mail was not a report of a problem.  It was a rant.  It was
very surprising coming from someone I thought "got it".

Frankly, I am also surprised at this email coming from someone else
I thought got it.  Haven't I seen you frequently ask people for details
in the cygwin mailing list?

>I was about to report one as well and haven't mentioned it before because
>I've not had the time as yet to track it down.  It is a random problem
>where when starting bash through rxvt the process hangs.  The windows
>Task Manager reports the process is Not Responding.  I can only guess
>that there is a race condition between parent and child processes.  I
>start rxvt via a shortcut to a batch file that I've attached, in case it
>is important in how it is started.

This is an actual bug report.  I am not "enraged" to hear it.  It is
close to the kind of feedback that I was hoping for.

I could use a little more detail, however, like when this started
failing.  It sounds like this could be related to Egor's changes to
pty handling or, if this is very recent, to my signal handling changes.

>I agree with Kazuhiro, it isn't ready to release.

And, that, also answers the question.  That is what I was asking for.