RE: setup wishes -- any volunteers

I know this has been said before, but what about leveraging of an
existing packaging format - dpkg has all the capabilities you cite, and
they had a win32 project in place at one time. I'mm willing to polish my
elbows this weekend and see if I can make something work : but first I
would like a little buy-in that this is a good route to take.

Rob