RE: fifos and named pipes

I haven't tested anonymous pipes yet. Even if I do use those, I need the
glue to identify what pipes are available first - that's what I'm on now
(step 3 of 5). I plan to look at that once I've got a rough-and-ready
implementation going.

> How do the semantics differ?

In win32, each "server" opens one or more instances of a given named
pipe. Only one "client" can attach to one instance. The handles can be
duplicated as much as needed. So we could pass the client handles
around, to get the single writer, many readers working. However I don't
think we can do that with the "server" handle.

> cgf

Rob