Re: [Fwd: winsup/mingw libstdc++.a]

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:49:21PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> In the mingw world, they just have to download mingw-runtime, gcc, and
>> binutils, right?  I'd like to keep the packages the same even if I have
>> to juggle the internals around a little bit.
>>

>But, I'll have to juggle the updates between MinGW and Cygwin versions.
>I'm not willing to maintain to differing versions and libstdc++.a isn't
>needed in the MinGW CVS.

Someone would have to do this regardless of whether it was part of mingw
or not.  Since I'm currently supporting gcc, that would probably have to
be me.

Since I'm currently making the mingw releases for cygwin, I don't mind
trying to keep the libraries up to date.  I wasn't trying to saddle you
with a new responsibility.

I can move the libraries out of the mingw directory if that is a concern.

I was basically adding these as a proof-of-concept.  I wanted to make a
mingw distribution with these libraries and then try things out on my
system to see if it even worked correctly.  Then I was going to report
my findings here.

I thought that this would be a good time to do this since I'm close to
making a new release of cygwin and I usually release a new version of
mingw at that time.