Tar stackdump on bad mountpoint

With the current CVS repository....

1) Pick a drive letter that doesn't exist on your machine (I'll use
   "q:" in this example).

2) Run "mkdir -p /q/q".

3) Run "mount -s -b -x q: /q".

4) Run "tar --listed-incremental /tmp/foo --create --file /dev/null
   /q".  You'll get something like:

     tar: /q/q: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
     tar: Removing leading `/' from member names

   So far so good.

5) Now run "tar --listed-incremental /tmp/foo --create --file
   /dev/null /cygdrive/c/cygwin/q" (assuming that your Cygwin is
   installed in c:/cygwin).  You'll get something like:

     tar: /cygdrive/c/cygwin/q/q: Cannot savedir: No such file or directory
     Segmentation fauilt (core dumped)

   This also happens if you mount c: as /c and use /c/cygwin/q
   instead of /cygdrive/c/cygwin/q.

I was unable, with the minimal effort for which I have time at the
moment, to get a useful stack trace out of the running tar when this
problem occurs.  I do not have any more time to investigate this
today, because I've got two stop-ship bugs in my own product that I
need to fix today on penalty of death :-).  I will investigate this
problem as soon as I possibly can (which, alas, may not be until next
Thursday, because of the bugs I need to fix here and because I'll be
out Tuesday and Wednesday of next week), but in the meantime, I wanted
to give a heads up because I know there were mumblings about releasing
1.3.4 and it may need to be held up because of this.

Sorry I can't help more right away....

  jik