Re: "make -j2" hang is not fixed in current repository

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:23:18PM -0500, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>I suspect you don't want to hear this ;-(, but I just saw one of our
>automated "make -j2" builds hang in the same fashion it always has in
>the past, with a cygwin1.dll built from the current repository.

I thought I'd fixed this when I made this announcement:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2001-09/msg00454.html

AFAICT, I still don't have a problem.  I'm running my same test now
with no hint of a hang.

It would have been helpful if you could have tested things when I
announced that they were fixed.  I understand that this is not always
possible but now we are in the state where more than a month has gone
by, I have less time to debug this, and I am not fresh in my understanding
of what I did.

I really really don't want to get into the habit of attempting to debug
other people's stack traces.  The recent trend on this mailing list is
to announce a bug, sometimes with a stack trace, and then announce that
"I don't have time to debug." It's your perogative to do this but I
suspect that I, personally, will probably be less than responsive to
this technique in the future.

I spent a lot of time trying to track this down prior to the above
announcement.  I don't really have the cycles now since my real job has
gotten quite a bit more hectic recently.