Re: Am I using dumper.exe correctly?

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Kamens" <jik@curl.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 8:43 AM
Subject: Am I using dumper.exe correctly?

> We're using cygwin-1.3.6-6 on our build servers and current versions
> of just about all the other packages.  We get occasional crashes in
> cygwin processes during our automated builds, so I decided to debug
> them as follows:
>
> 1) Build the current CVS repository configured like this:
>
>    CFLAGS="-g -O" configure --enable-threadsafe \
>      --enable-extra-threadsafe-checking --enable-debugging \
>      --enable-vfork

Hmm, I'm not sure that enable-threadsafe has any impact anymore, in 2000
we removed some of the thread/non thread options - and looking closely I
think that the removal wasn't as accurate as it could be. Anyway, I
suggest not passing either thread option to cygwin.

> 1) Things run Very Slowly with the new version of cygwin1.dll.  If I
>    had to guess, I'd guess that --enable-extra-threadsafe-checking is
>    probably the culprit.  Can anybody confirm or deny that?

The overhead shouldn't be that significant, but try it without and see
for yourself :}.

Rob