Re: Global write privs for Robert Collins

Uh oh....sensing a little friction in cygwin-developers....

Chris, is this a sarcastic reference to the thread(s) Apr 19,20

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q2/msg00070.html
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2002-04/msg00022.html

about this patch (and reversal):

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2002-q2/msg00028.html
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2002-q2/msg00029.html

I've checked cygwin-cvs mailing list, but I didn't see another instance
of a checkin by Robert outside of cinstall/.  You see, that was my first
thought when I read your email -- "Oh crap, Robert went and
(accidentally?) checked something in outside of cinstall again"

or maybe even

"Oh crap, cgf's got his knickers in a twist over Robert's instructions
to me to 'check this in' ":
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-04/msg00400.html
even though I did NOT do so, and instead waited the requisite day, and
reposted on cygwin-patches...still looking for "official" permission to
do so.

Or am I just being WAY oversensitive, and this truly is a bonafide
"promotion"....

--Chuck