Re: System-wide mutexes and pthreads

"Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Now, OTOH, cygserver *could* use this library for path access, but why?
>   cygserver, by its very nature, will depend on cygwin1.dll -- so why
> not use it's path conversion routines.  No need to rely on setup's
> subcygwin.a.  I don't see why using cygwin1.dll from cygserver is a bad
> thing...

My only thought on this was that not depending on the cygwin dll might give
us the flexibility if we wanted cygserver to be started before any cygwin
processes (and it can't start before itself . . .). Then again I can't
imagine what sort of requirement there might be for that.

More pertinently we should think about making sure that at least some things
work if the daemon is killed and re-started while there are cygwin programs
running. But I don't think that's an immediate concern.

// Conrad