Re: Source snapshot fails to build

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:50:24AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>>Trying to build the snapshot from October 20 I got the error you can
>>see in the attachment.  I see the same error also with the snapshot of
>>October 17th.
>>
>>I'm using latest everything on XP Home.  I thought that this problem
>>was fixed some time ago.
>>
>>I don't have time to investigate right now - maybe later today.
>
>I was getting the same failure with gcc 3.2.  Reverting back to 2.95
>did the trick for me.  Apparently, gcc 3.2 did not pick up the w32api
>headers from the source directory, but rather went to /usr/include...
>A change in flags, perhaps?  Anyway, the cvs source builds fine with
>gcc 2.95.

Um, you all know what this list is for, right?  It's intended for solutions,
not workarounds or speculation.

If you want to blindly speculate about what is wrong, then keep the
discussion in cygwin at cygwin.  The expectation is for actual fixes or,
at least, actual analysis here.

I also expect that everyone is building from CVS not from source
snapshots.  The source part of snapshots is there primarily to satisfy
the GPL.