Re: Avoiding /etc/passwd and /etc/group scans

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 03:12:17PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Will it potentially cause a delay if we use the -d switch?

Yes, in my company mkpasswd -d will take *many* hours to run to
completion.

> The same person who chided me was indicating that setup.exe was
> somehow creating files that were incorrect or that cygwin was unable
> to execute files with .exe extensions.  I don't really understand
> what's going on.

My WAG is that /bin is 700 and owned by Administrators which causes
setup.exe to create .exe files with the same permissions.  When ntsec is
on these .exe files will not be executable by a regular user.

Jason