Re: Avoiding /etc/passwd and /etc/group scans

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Argh.  I'd like cygwin to be always able to execute a file with an .exe
> extension.

Who gets the x right? Everyone?

> I don't suppose there is any way to do that short of essentially
> doing a chmod +x on the file, right?

Right.

About the shell scripts, I will look at you patch tonight.
Why do you want to be different from regular Unix and report x
just because the file starts with #! ?
Why not force the user to chmod +x the scripts, for them to be
executable?

Pierre