Re: Want to release 1.3.16

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:27:55PM -0600, Steve O wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:27:44AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 11:32:15PM -0600, Steve O wrote:
>> >in an rxvt, or xterm:
>> >cat /bin/cygwin1.dll
>> >
>> >This hangs for me with the CVS version as of 8pm 20021122 on XP.
>>
>> And it does what with cygwin 1.3.15?
>
>It hangs there too, but I think you knew that.

No, I didn't, actually.  I was curious enough to try it after sending
the message and then exasperated to find that this was not a regression
and so really had no bearing on the thread.  I made it clear that
increasing the buffer size was not a fix for everything.  I didn't need
to have it brought to my attention, YA.

>It has been several months since I started on this, and I'm happy that
>at last people will be able to paste text, but the underlying problems
>still remain.  What should I do to get this fixed?

It needs more testing from more parties.  It would be nice if someone
like Egor could review the code, too.

Igor has volunteered to produce snapshots.  That would be fine with me.
I hope that he has a site available for downloads.  You can advertise
this in the cygwin mailing list.

My problem with changes this major is that eventually next week, or next
year, Corinna and I will end up supporting it.  I've grown very
reluctant about adding major changes as a result.  If/when this does go
into the DLL I hope I can get your committment that you will be actively
involved in supporting the code for at least a few months after it goes
in.