Re: Added some interesting functionality to my cygwin sandbox

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:48:01PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > There is, of course, a question of how to create such symlinks...  There
> > will have to be some way to pass this information to the symlink()
> > function (which only takes 2 parameters), or create a new function.  We'll
>
> iscygdrive(), defined in path.cc, should be sufficient.

Not quite.  Suppose the user wants to create a symlink to some location on
his /cygdrive/c?  He should be able to do so.  IIRC, there is a difference
in handling EOL's when accessing files through a Win32 path and through
/cygdrive (you can control the binary/text mode of /cygdrive with mount
options).  Do we want to take this away now?

> > also need a command-line utility for this (either a new "ln" flag, or a
> > separate program).
>
> Why?  This would work transparently through symlink().
> [snip]
> Corinna

It would at the cost of disallowing control over text/binary mode for
symlinks...  Or do we use the source path of the symlink (not the
destination file) for that?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/