Re: Cygdaemon - planning

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:17:54AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Do we want this?  Wouldn't it be better to have a separate export library
>for the functions only available with cygserver?

In this scenario, we have always gone with "what does UNIX do?"  I think it
is pretty likely that the main users of this code will be existing programs
which expect not to have to look in other libraries to find Sys V shm and
semaphores.  So, putting the exports in some other library will result in
configury changes for existing programs which is something that cygwin
tries to avoid.