Re: Anyone willing to maintain a cygwin bugs database

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 01:04:17AM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> I'll volunteer.
>>
>> I appreciate the offer but how do you qualify as a lurker or how do you
>> think you fit the "I'd hate to dilute people's efforts on other fronts..."
>> category?  You're active in setup development, at least.
>
>Well, I'm pretty much a lurker on cyg-dev, despite being active on cyg and
>cyg-apps.
>
>I guess I have difficulty believing that a BugZilla could generate such a
>massive quantity of work to dilute my setup involvement. I'm also hoping
>there will be another volunteer or two to share the load with.
>
>Why not start the BugZilla on a trial basis - if it fills up with too much
>junk to handle, close it. If the closure guilts even a few people into
>thinking before posting, we will still have acheived a net gain! :-)

How about, instead, if we just humor me and see if somebody new steps
forward?  Again, I thank you for your offer to contribute your time but
I'd like to see if we can pull some fresh blood into this endeavor.  That
was one of my reasons for suggesting this.