Re: The new Arthur "two queues" Jackson* implentation of signals

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 02:05, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> However, I do have this
> vague feeling that this implementation might be useful for signals/threads
> so I'll keep it, at least for now.

I suspect we'll need one queue for the process, and then one queue per
thread. Signals masked out of some threads but not the process may be
delivered to the process queue, and from there to the first thread that
hasn't masked that signal out.

> Anyway, I just wanted to get my musings into an archive somewhere.  Maybe
> next time this happens, I'll be smart enough to go back through mailing
> list archives rather than relying on my extremely faulty memory.

Perhaps a 'How-We've-Broken-Signals-Before.txt' file?

:}

Rob