Re: [dk: RE: Oh dear, pthreads and stdio still not mt-safe :-(]

On Jan  8 11:04, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> While we're on the subject, I was scanning newlib the other day and I
> spotted two functions of interest in libc/unix -- `pread' & `pwrite'.
> Unfortunately, we do not build in the unix dir, since most of our unistd
> functions are provided inside the Cygwin tree.  Would anyone object if I
> submitted a patch to newlib which would allow Cygwin to build in that
> dir?  The plan would be to add:
> if !defined(UNISTD_PROVIDED)
> to the other unix sourcefiles which provide functions we already have.

Does that make sense?  pread and pwrite are the only functions in this
directory, which are not already implemented in Cygwin internally.
Isn't it easier to add our own pread and pwrite implementations to
Cygwin, which could directly access the underlying fhandler?

Red Hat, Inc.