Re: NTFS vs. Samba

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Larry Hall wrote:

> At 09:29 AM 8/31/2004, Corinna wrote:
> >>
> >> It would certainly break things for people who rely on setting
> >> permissions on a FAT partition.
> >
> >True.  I'd suggest to keep it for 1.5.11, at least.

Right, though the NTEA permissions are probably mostly used to fool
programs like ssh that expect them.  No additional security issues will
arise if StrictModes is turned off in /etc/sshd_config.  Perhaps a cygwin
postinstall script can be used to fix that?

> >> Maybe we need a survey on the cygwin list.
> >
> >*shudder*
>
> I can hear the printing presses getting ready to churn out the "I want
> my NTEA!" shirts and signs. ;-)

"Money for nothing and ...".  I wonder if they could get Sting to sing
that? ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw