Re: Deprecating ntea

Quoting "Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers)" <lhall@cygwin.com>:

To me it seems ntea has enough limited applications that it is effectively unusable. But I agree with Chris that this needs to be announced on the main list before killing it off for 1.7.

It seems to me that those that need it could use the 9x version. The ntea support was added for NT on FAT, IIRC. FAT is only being supported by MS now for diskette which has nearly become as extent as the use of NT itself. Now adays most portable data is stored on a USB drive or you just burn it into a CD or DVD.

Sorry for stepping in but really since you're talking extinction of old code, this is a dinasour that needs its skeletons removed. Let those that need the remains of the dinasour live with the 9x static version and move on.

Earnie