Re: Latest snapshot and CYG_MAX_PATH

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Nov 14 10:16, Juan Rey Saura wrote:
I have been playing with lastest snapshot and depending on CYG_MAX_PATH
value I set, I have experienced diferent behaivours:
value -> PATH_MAX -> all programs run properly
value ->1024 -> I get an "ACCES_VIOLATION"
value -> 4096 -> I get an "*incompatible* *per_process* *info* 0 != 168"
message
Is it OK? Why?.

Yes, it is ok. First of all, you shouldn't fiddle with CYG_MAX_PATH. It's supposed to be MAX_PATH (260) and nothing else. Second, the snapshot is work in progress towards being able to use long UTF path names up to PATH_MAX (~32K) in length. This isn't finished yet and so it's not exactly stable. Some parts of the DLL are still working with CYG_MAX_PATH while others are working with PATH_MAX. In the long run we won't use CYG_MAX_PATH anymore.

Corinna

That is what I suposed, I will be very pleased with the upcoming version.

Since I have been a C/C++ developer for several years, maybe is there something I can help with?.

Anyway, thank you for your effort !!