Re: Fw: File name too long problem -- maybe fix coming?

>>> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:55:43 -0800 (PST)
>>> Gregg Tavares <unison@greggman.com> said:

> The standard ANSI codepage is different per language. On
> Japanese Windows it is iso-2022-jp.

No, it is CP932. CP932 is Microsoft's extention of Shift_JIS.

> AFAIK you can't actually set the window's codepage to UTF-8. All you
> can do is use CP_UTF8 in calls that explicitly take a codepage like
> MultiByteToWideChar for example.

If Cygwin DLL uses Unicode versions of APIs, I guess it must
call WideCharToMultiByte and WideCharToMultiByte with CP_ANSI or
CP_OEM on any boundary with user applications. If it is right,
it is not difficult to add CP_UTF8 as another option.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology