Re: configure with --enable-malloc-debugging fails to compile

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 07:28:27PM -0800, Jim Kleckner wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:16:44PM -0800, Jim Kleckner wrote:
>>
>>> FYI, the --enable-malloc-debugging option fails to compile with current
>>> CVS sources.
>>>
>>> (/oss/src/configure --prefix=/oss/mdebug.install --enable-debugging
>>> --enable-malloc-debugging -v; make) >& make.out
>>>

>> And your proposal for fixing this is...?
>>
>> cgf
>>
> Well, I'm a total noob but here goes.
>
> It looks to me like debug.h is defining those functions earlier (see
> below).
> I suspect that MALLOC_DEBUG is overkill for most things though.
>
> I suppose this really should go to cygwin-patches?

Yes, assuming that your patch fixes the problem.  It seems like it
might fix one symptom.

I just removed --enable-malloc-debugging and --enable-vfork from the
configure.in a while ago though in the theory that no one was going to
fix this anytime soon.  If your patch does actually allow the building
of a cygwin1.dll with memory debugging, I'll revert the patch.

AFAIK, this option hasn't worked in quite some time, though, so I'd
be surprised to hear that it was this simple.