Re: ntsec a mount option?

On Jul 14 17:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:41:20PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> It's not an actual mount option like "mount -t cygdrive cygdrive
> >> /cygdrive".  I wish I'd implemented like that from the beginning.
> >
> >In the fstab file it's already the fs_vfstype field.  Unfortunately
> >`mount -t cygdrive' suffers from -t being used for textmode mounts.
>
> Maybe we should repurpose that option for 1.7.

Sure.  Text and binmode are available as -o option anyway, same for
the other options.  Backward compatibility is probably not really
important, given that mount won't be used as much in future.

What about the mount -m option?  That doesn't seem to make much sense
anymore, given that you just can copy the fstab files now.

Hmm, along the same lines, practically all umount options don't make
much sense anymore.

> (along with text-mode mounts?)

Repurpose textmode mounts?  I'm not sure I understand...