Re: Console codepage setting via chcp?

On Sep 23 21:53, Andy Koppe wrote:
Sorry, one more.

2009/9/23 Corinna Vinschen:
I'm glad to read that it makes sense to you, though.  If I get more
positive replies, I start coding setfont tomorrow.

Good idea, bad name. Unless of course it'll actually be able to change the font as well as the charset. Also, having "console" in the name might stop people from complaining about it not working in other terminals. But then "set_console_charset" is rather a mouthful ...

Well, chcp is quite cryptic as well and POSIX tools also have a history of having snappy names. So what about:

   setcons
   setcset
   chcs    ;)

Oh, OH! I want to vote. Can I vote? Please, please!

I think 'setcset' is the best of the three. I like that it "suggests" setting the
character set, which is really what we're talking about. With the same logic,
I should like 'chcs' but I don't. For me, this is too much like 'chcp' and I see
the potential for confusion with users about which one is Cygwin's utility, etc.
(i.e. it's *too* similar to 'chcp').

Holliston, MA 01746