Re: console vs ^X

ext Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Sep 29 19:51, Thomas Wolff wrote:
I would ignore and beep, i.e. let the terminal beep but don't insert anything, so there's no beep that could be copied.
I think that's what most other terminals do, can check tomorrow.

I went this route for now. It's not at all tricky to change that if
it turns out to be too cumbersome.
Fine, thanks. Yet, since I announced it, my survey:

   * xterm, gnome-terminal, rxvt just ignore (no beep, but I think the
     beep is useful)
   * mintty and konsole insert a '?' (which is not convincing, I think)
   * Linux console: don't know

Thomas