Re: 1.7.1 release date?

On Nov 19 09:04, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > Corinna wrote:
> >> So, what do you all think about the shape 1.7 is in?
> >>
> >> It surely has still bugs, but is it stable enough that we can
> >> contemplate a release, finally?
> >
> > I think we can.  I've been using it in a production environment for
> > quite a while with no issues.
>
> I agree -- at least from my personal experience. I think the major
> concern is, do you guys (the folks most versed in the charset/lang
> issues) think that the charset/lang stuff is good enough (even if not
> perfect) for a release?  Two other *minor* concerns:
>
> 1) Any additional functions Eric Blake thinks we should export/add
> before 1.7.1 -- as opposed to down the road in 1.7.(N+1).  He seems to
> find a new one every week or so.

What's your actual concern here?  Can you rephrase a bit?

> 2) The terminal handling stuff Andy Koppe mentioned: making "console"

Do you mean Thomas Wolf by any chance?  He has that console patch
in the loop which adds mouse event reporting.  The patch doesn't
seem to interfere with current console handling, except for the
change from ESC[9m to ESC[2m for dim.  The latter doesn't show up
in termcap and terminfo so it shouldn't matter.

Changing the Shift-F key sequences?  Is it really worth it, given
that they follow at least *some* standard?  I don't think so.

Everything else in this thread is either enhancement or bug fix,
but not a visible, backward-incompatible change in behaviour.

> I'm thinking of the recent discussion concerning ^H vs.
> ^?.  I've still got a patch in my queue for terminfo, so I'd like to
> roll that out before/simultaneously with cygwin-1.7.1; I'm pretty sure
> there's a pending update for termcap, as well.

Right, that would make sense.