Re: 1.7.1 release date?

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 05:45:40PM +0000, Andy Koppe wrote:
>2009/12/1 Corinna Vinschen:
>> Ok, so if we go release, what's missing? ??I could push out the
>> ultimately last Cygwin test DLL today, but that's the smallest
>> part of the release.
>>
>> The following comes to mind in random order:
>>
>> - Bump version number, Create the final release package.
>>
>> - Move 1.7 documentation to it's rightful place.
>> ??Should we keep 1.5 docs available in a 1.5 subdir, for bad times?
>
>Will it still be possible to install 1.5?
>
>> - Drop the #beta-test stuff from index.html.
>>
>> - Cut the unionfs.
>>
>> - What else?
>
>- mv setup-1.7.exe setup.exe

Don't we need to roll a new version of setup?  The current version looks in
different locations depending on whether it's being run on Windows NT or not.

Do we still want to do this?  I think Corinna wants to keep a legacy 1.5 system
around for Windows 95 users but, if we do that, then I think we need setup.exe
to make it clear that this is a stale version of Cygwin.

I also need to do some upset stuff but it isn't anything too drastic.