Re: 1.7.2?

Eric?  Ping?

On Mar  4 17:30, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Ok, I've applied a patch which implements the above rules, as well as
> the one suggested by Eric.  The funny thing is that strip still keeps
> the .exe suffix when calling `strip foo' on a file "foo.exe", even
> though the matching rule in rename has gone.  So it looks like no patch
> to strip is required.
>
> However, a patch to install is still desired because:
>
>   $ ls foo*
>   foo.exe
>   $ install foo /bin
>   $ ls /bin/foo*
>   /bin/foo
>   $ rm /bin/foo
>   $ install -s foo /bin
>   $ ls /bin/foo*
>   /bin/foo

This is a patch to install(1) which is really missing.  Just now my
installation of the latest openssh has gone wrong with the latest Cygwin
from CVS.  Here's what the OpenSSH Makefile does:

  $(INSTALL) -m 0755 $(STRIP_OPT) ssh $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/ssh
  [...]

And, btw., it would certainly *not* hurt if strip would get the
same patch.  Dave, you volunteered to send a binutils patch upstream?