Re: strange crashes on invocation

On Sep 25 22:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep 24 18:36, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >
> > > Agree.
> >
> > Cool.  We can finally remove the wincap.has_ip_helper_lib check and the
> > get_nt_ifs() function.  That's really old crap.
>
> I dropped three wincap flags and the corresponding NT4 pre-SP4 code.
> Still, there are 8 more flags in wincap which are only for the sake
> of NT4... *nudge, nudge*

Btw., with horror I realized that our dependency to advapi32.dll also
adds an indirect dependency to msvcrt.dll.  For some reason I don't
understand yet, it's not possible to convert the advapi32 entry points
to all autoloaded entry points.  Many Cygwin applications don't start
anymore, for instance mintty or gdb.

So, what I'll try in the next couple of months is to get rid of most of
our dependency to advapi32.  Many functions in advapi32 are just shims
to Rtl functions in ntdll.dll, some can be replaced by own implementations.
However, we depend on a *lot* of advapi functions, so that will take
some time.